We know that you want to start this once in a lifetime trek well-prepared and in order to support you with the preparations of your trip we have put together a Packing List of recommendable items to pack for your adventure.
As a start you should know that you will hike in high altitude and will have to deal with intense heat and strong sun and cold mountain nights. It is recommended to dress in layers to be able to adapt to different climate conditions. Generally quick-dry clothing is recommend instead of using cotton. To avoid blisters and walk comfortably recently bought hiking boots should be broken-in beforehand.
Once signed up for one of our hiking adventures in Peru, you will received a personalized packing list, adapted to the tour you booked.
If you are on a longer trip, and have extra luggage you won´t be able to take on your hike, you can usually leave it at your hotel in Cusco.
1. Sleep Gear
- Good Quality Sleeping Bag
- Comfortable Mattress Pad
- Hiking boots (waterproof and broken-in)
- Hiking Sandals
- Hiking pants (zip-off convertible style pants)
- Quickdry hiking shirts (Long-sleeved & Short-sleeved)
- Rain gear / Poncho
- Warm jacket and long underwear or warm sleep pants for chilly nights
- Warm hat, gloves, scarf and thick warm socks
- Sun hat with brim
- Swim suit, flip flops, towel for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes
3. Trekking Equipment
- Daypack with raincover
- Sunglasses with neck strap
- Refillable water bottle or hydration system
- Trekking poles (optional)
4. Other Essentials
- Toiletries and personal Medical kit
- UV sun protection (minimum 30 SPF) including face and lips
- Microfiber travel towel (quick drying)
- Small flashlight or headlamp with batteries
- Insect Repellent
Camera, extra memory cards/film, batteries
- Duct tape
- Ear Plugs
- Small selection of your favorite hiking snacks
6. Money & Documentation
- Copy of health and travel insurance and air tickets
Cash for tipping porters, cooks, horsemen, guides, buying items along the trail, for in town,
Do you have any further questions related to Trekking in Peru?
Did you not yet book your Trekking tour and need advise which is the best option for you?
Our Travel Specialists will be happy to help you!