Culture & Community Experience Chile / Atacama 4 Days Local Hotels All year round Small Group
From USD$ 1,070 per person
DAY 1: MOON VALLEY & STARGAZING
- Reception in Calama airport and transfer to San Pedro de Atacama.
- Visit the impressive landscapes of the Moon Valley enjoying the sunset and the changing colors of the desert.
- Observe the stars for the sky of Atacama (one of the best in the world for stargazing) and learn about the Andean constellations during an Astronomical Tour.
DAY 2: YERBAS BUENAS PETROGLYPHS, RAINBOW VALLEY & RIO GRANDE
- Visit the old petroglyphs of Yerbas Buenas, one of the largest collection of Rock Art in the San Pedro de Atacama area.
- Observe millions of years old rocks that surface in differently colored layers at the magnificant Rainbow Valley.
- Walk through the small streets of Río Grande, a local village built in a deep ravine.
- Taste typical Atacameñan food during a lunch prepared by your local guide.
DAY 3: LOCAL CULTURE & LLAMA WALK
- Today you will immerse yourself in the culture of the Atacameñans who have inhabited the desert for thousands of years.
- Learn about the Atacameñan history, the locals daily life and typical activities such as alfalfa crops, animal husbandry.
- Enjoy a “fusion” Atacamenian lunch, with preparations based on products traditionally used by the Lickan Antay, such as corn, quinoa, llama or lamb meat and fruits and vegetables produced in the community orchards.
- Relive the beautiful experience of walking with llamas through the Atacama Desert.
- Listen to the stories of the desert and learn about the relationship of men with llamas while you enjoy a beautiful sunset.
DAY 4: GEYSIRS DEL TATIO & MACHUCA
- Early in the morning head to the geyser field “El Tatio”, an overwhelming spectacle of nature.
- Visit Machuca, a little farmer´s village.
- Transfer to the airport to continue to your next destination
Request More Information
Atacama Community, Culture & Nature Tour
Please fill out the below form for a free quote including additional trip info, a detailed itinerary, departure dates, availability and our answers to your questions about this trip.