Culture & Community Experience Chile / Elicura Valley 4 Days Mapuche Cabin All year round Small Group
From USD$ 1,350 per person
DAY 1: NATURE & LOCAL FOOD
- Start the day enjoying a tasty breakfast with a great view of the Antihuala Lagoon.
- Explore the natural attractions of the area, visit a waterfall next to Antihuala Lagoon and later walk through the nature of Caramavida along a beautiful river.
- Learn about the history of Antihuala lagoon and a reforestation project that has planted 2,500 native trees.
- Taste typical local food: a lunch prepared by members of the Women’s Work Cooperative, samples of rural snacks and a dinner in “Ruka Tegualda”, a typical Mapuche house.
- Overnight in a Mapuche cabin which will be your home for the next nights.
DAY 2: HAZELNUT PRODUCTION & CONSERVATION
- Learn the process of harvesting and manufacturing Chilean hazelnuts, an activity deeply rooted in Mapuche history.
- Taste different delicious hazelnut products: coffee, chocolate, cake, tortillas and jams.
- Visit a conservation project and participate in some hands-on activities such as cultivation, observation of restored areas or tree planting.
- Walk through a native forest observing its biodiversity – during the rainy season you will have the opportunity to see a wide variety of mushrooms.
DAY 3: TRADITIONS, HISTORY & STORIES
- Try out some traditional activities practiced by the Mapuche people: spin wool, weave looms and prepare typical gastronomy.
- Learn about the Mapuche’s history during a guided tour of the Mapuche Culture Museum in Cañete village
- Visit a wool weaver women learning more about this ancient trade
- In the evening gather around a bonfire listening to ancient stories and traditional music.
DAY 4: ARAUCARIA TREES & RELAXATION
- Hike through the mountain trails of Nahuelbuta National Park, along ancient Araucaria trees, admiring impressive views of the ocean and volcanoes.
- Enjoy an exquisite lunch made with local organic products.
- Recover your body and spirit during a hot water bath with salts and medicinal herbs.
- Head back to Santiago or your next destination by local bus.
Request More Information
Mapuche Culture & Traditions (4 Day Tour)
Please fill out the below form for a free quote including additional trip info, a detailed itinerary, departure dates, availability and our answers to your questions about this trip.