© Giha Tubbeh / PROMPERU
Hiking Experience Peru 5 Days Camping March to November Small Group 64 km/40 miles 1500m/4,921ft to 3050m/10,006t Strenuous
From US$ 750 per person
DAY 1: CUSCO – CACHORA – COCA MASANA – CHIKISKA CAMP
- Leave Cusco towards the little village of Cachora
- On the way stop for breakfast, admiring the wonderful Limatambo Canyon and the Salkantay and Humantay Mountains
- Start hiking through a historically rich territory towards Capulichayoc
- Enjoy your first beautiful views of the Apurimac valley and river below, as well as the snow-capped peaks of Padrayoc and Wayna Cachora Mountains along the way
- Descend further to a noticeably warmer climate and a changing flora and fauna until reaching the bottom of the valley and the raging “The Speaker God” Apurimac River, famous for Class 5 Rafting rapids
DAY 2: PLAYA ROSALINA – MARAMPATA – CHOQUEQUIRAO
- Continue your trek towards Playa Rosalina near the Apurimac River (1500m/4,921ft), where we will cross a typical local bridge and hike through a forest of cactus, agaves, and exotic local fruit trees.
- Hike uphill from the shores of the Apurimac river to Marampata
- Enjoy first views of the archaeological complex of Choquequirao
- Continue walking towards the Choquequirao ruins admiring a variety of plants and flowers on the way
- Upon arrival ar rge ruins visit the farming terraces of Paqchayoc and the house of the waterfall
- Return to your nearby campsite and finish the day tasting “cambric,” a local cognac made from sugar cane
DAY 3: CHOQUEQUIRAO ARCHAEOLOGICAL COMPLEX – RAQAYPATA
- Enjoy a day dedicated to exploring the incredible Inca ruins of Choquequirao. Your guide will explain the history and importance of the site you will have free time to visit the many sectors of the complex
- Late in the afternoon start the return trek and camp the night at Raqaypatal
DAY 4: RAQAYPATA – COCA MASANA
- Continue your return trek with a steep descent towards the Apurimac River where you will stop and have lunch.
- In the afternoon climb for approximately to your final campsite at Coca Masana
DAY 5: COCA MASANA – CACHORA – CUSCO
- After breakfast start a 3 hour climb to Capuliyoc and continue on a fairly flat trail back to the village of Cachora
- say goodbye to your arrieros (expedition horse guides) and take a private transport back towards Cusco.
- Along the way you will stop at the archaeological site at Saihuite to explore and have lunch.
Request More Information
Choquequirao Trek (Guided 5 Day Hike)
Please fill out the below form for a free quote including additional trip info, a detailed itinerary, departure dates, availability and our answers to your questions about this trek.